Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Limbo... I'm in a limbo

lim·bo1 [lim-boh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -bos.
1.(often initial capital letter) Roman Catholic Theology. a region on the border of hell or heaven, serving as the abode after death of unbaptized infants (limbo of infants) and of the righteous who died before the coming of Christ (limbo of the fathers or limbo of the patriarchs).
2.a place or state of oblivion to which persons or things are regarded as being relegated when cast aside, forgotten, past, or out of date: My youthful hopes are in the limbo of lost dreams.
3.an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place.
4.a place or state of imprisonment or confinement.

Personally I think I like all definitions of this word right now, but the one that I intended to find when searching the word (to make sure it was the right word) was definition number THREE.

Yesterday and today I had a ton of off time... during which I got extremely bored. (This damn computer types too slow and it's making me confused!!!) I'll have 4 hours of off time and spend two of them waiting around for my next shift to start. I know I'm working soon, so I feel like I don't have time to do anything, therefore I do nothing. (a limbo... midway state or place)

I feel like I'm sort of here with life too. In this strange midway point, just waiting around for what's next. But what is next?! Obviously it's not really a limbo, obviously this is where God wants me, and this is where I am supposed to be but.... I don't really know!

As Isabel has been telling me lately "You're not content"


haha and normally I am pretty content, but I guess lately I really haven't been. Not content does not mean not happy though, I think it just means not appreciative haha.

6/26/07

No comments: