Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's Okay to Be Honest

I've been thinking a lot lately, which is good. This blog is going to be random.

As I was walking home from church tonight the thought that came into my head was "In order to seek justice, you must first seek truth... there cannot be justice where there is not truth."

So what is truth? Truth is only decided by God, and nothing else. Scientists would say that truth would be things like the laws of motion, or things that are "absolutes", but God is above that, He can defy gravity, He is the only one who decides what it true.

I've been thinking a lot about homosexuality lately, I don't really know why. I've sort of decided that I won't ever know what the right answer is... and that has got me questioning more things about what I know about God. I decided that I don't think I can say I believe homosexuality is "wrong", but I can't yet say that I believe it's right. Is God a gray area God, or is He a black and white God? Because He created gray area people and He created black and white people. But in the bible I believe He left a lot of things in a gray area way. Why did He do that?

Today I was in the bathroom and I was wondering what Jesus would say if I said, "My friend is gay, is it okay for her to be gay?" and then I thought about all of the parables in the new testament, and about the one where He talks about sewing the seeds. (I think it's that one) It's a parable about parables, and about how the people who are ready to understand the parable will, and the people who aren't ready to understand won't... but we won't ever know which of those people we are, the ones who understand, or the ones that don't. I think that if I were to ask Jesus that question, He would tell me a parable.

I am so deep into thoughts about this, I can't even begin to explain them.

Romans 1:26-27 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. [27] In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

I don't understand the wording of this, I don't understand it at all. "God gave them over to shameful lusts.... God GAVE THEM OVER TO..." what does that mean? Why would God do that? What does that mean?
1 Cor. 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders [10] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. [NIV]

Ok... to me when the bible says "inherit the kingdom of God" I don't know if it's talking about heaven, or if it's talking about God's kingdom here on earth. I kind of think that it's talking about God's kingdom here on earth, and that makes more sense to me. If God gives them over to their "lusts" then that means that Gods letting them put a shield up between Him and them... He's letting them do what they want, even though it might hurt them. If they "won't inherit the kingdom of God" then to me, that means that they won't know Him. They won't experience His blessings or His love. But still, what would be the point of that? It almost seems like God is saying that being gay is punishment for something else, not that being gay is punishable.

2008

No comments: